The Diagnostics (Dx) Ambassadors are an informal network of high-profile thought leaders from diverse disciplines, who help champion the important role played by diagnostics in global health. The expertise of the Dx Ambassadors is central to FIND’s ongoing efforts to demonstrate the value of diagnostics.
The Dx Ambassadors adjudicate and support Voices for Diagnosis, an annual community prize for championing access to diagnostics in low- and middle-income countries.
The network is co-ordinated by Renuka Gadde (Vice President, Global Health, BD), supported by Sarah-Jane Loveday (Head of Communications, FIND). Members are agreed by FIND’s Board of Directors.
Dx Ambassadors 2018/19
- Renuka Gadde (Co-ordinating Ambassador), Vice-President, Global Health, Becton Dickinson
- Seth Berkley, CEO, Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance
- Daniel Berman, Longitude Prize, Challenge Prize Centre, Nesta
- Patricia García, Professor at the School of Public Health at Cayetano Heredia University (UPCH), Peru and former Minister of Health of Peru
- Roy Head, CEO, Development Media International
- Carol Nawina Nyirenda, Executive Director, CITAMPlus
- John Nkengasong, Director of the African Centres for Disease Control and Prevention
- Rosanna Peeling, Professor and Chair of Diagnostics Research and Director of the International Diagnostics Centre (IDC) at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Joseph Tucker, Co-Founder and Chair of the Advisory Committee of SESH (Social Entrepreneurship to Spur Health)