NGS for TB: call for expressions of interest
Our Unitaid-funded Seq&Treat project will evaluate the use of next-generation sequencing (NGS) for diagnosis of drug-resistant tuberculosis (DR-TB) in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). With implementation across Brazil, China, Georgia, India and South Africa over a period of 3 years, it will enable the introduction and global adoption of commercial targeted NGS solutions for affordable, scalable and rapid TB drug susceptibility testing (DST).
Seq&Treat seeks to:
- Generate clinical evidence to support World Health Organization (WHO) global guidance for the use of targeted NGS for DR-TB diagnosis
- Facilitate a WHO global clinical knowledgebase
- Evaluate proof-of-principle delivery models for integrating targeted NGS into existing diagnostic workstreams
- Facilitate inclusion of recommended NGS solutions into global procurement mechanisms and adoption by LMICs.
FIND welcomes interest and participation from all manufacturers of NGS solutions, with a commercial end-to-end targeted sequencing solution for drug-resistant TB.
If you would like to be included in the analytical validation using well-characterized reference samples:
- Download and complete the form below
- Submit it for consideration by email.
The deadline for receipt of expressions of interest is 15 October 2019.
If required, FIND can sign a Confidentiality Disclosure Agreement with interested developers prior to their form submission. Please contact us.