The theme of the 2017 World Hepatitis Summit (WHS) is Implementing the Global Health Sector Strategy on Viral Hepatitis: Towards the elimination of hepatitis as a public health threat. The event will take place from 1-3 November 2017 at the World Trade Center in São Paulo, Brazil.
The World Hepatitis Summit is a joint initiative between the World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Hepatitis Alliance – in collaboration with a different host country for each Summit. The events are scheduled to take place every 18 months – 2 years and take place across WHO’s 6 regions.
On 30 October, FIND is presenting at the Pre-Summit Member Conference on Diagnostics, the simplicity of protocol and affordability, and on 1 November FIND is participating in a side meeting (see below) presenting Unitaid’s investment and operating model in the context of the emerging global response to hepatitis C. It will share the results of Unitaid-funded projects related to hepatitis C and explore opportunities for potential future investments. (WHS programme)
- Opening remarks – Unitaid’s model and its relevance for Hepatitis C. Where are we today?
- Developing a simplified mode of care for HCV. Dr Sabrina Sharmin, MSF
- Creating demand and innovative solutions for access to HCV treatment. Khalil Elouardighi, Coalition Plus
- Facilitating diagnostic solutions. Dr Francisco Marinucci, FIND
- Putting the pieces together to maximise benefits. Dr Marc Bulterys, WHO
- Moderated discussion
FIND is member of the WHS sub-Committee for Strategic Direction 5: Innovation for acceleration.