World Hepatitis Day 2020 WEBINAR
For World Hepatitis Day 2020, FIND organized a webinar in partnership with the World Hepatitis Alliance (WHA) and the Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi).
This event showcased the preliminary outcomes of the Unitaid-supported Hepatitis C Elimination through Access to Diagnostics (HEAD-Start) project, gathering policymakers and representatives of Ministries of Health from each project country. Representatives from Coalition PLUS and Treatment Action Group (TAG), amongst others, participated to highlight the critical need for hepatitis C virus (HCV) diagnostics. Topics included key messages on:
- Emerging evidence from the HEAD-Start multi-country project (Georgia, India-Delhi, India-Punjab, Malaysia, Myanmar)
- Raising awareness of early diagnosis of HCV and decentralization of HCV services
- The importance and approaches of community awareness and mobilization in hepatitis C
Speakers: Sonjelle Shilton, (Deputy Head of HCV Access, FIND) Dr Philippa Easterbrook (Senior Scientist, Global Hepatitis Programme, HIV department, WHO), Professor RP Shanmugam (Executive Board Member for the South-East Asia Region, WHA), and Jean-Michel Piedagnel (Director of Regional Office, DNDi South-East Asia).
Date: Thursday, 30 July 2020
- Decentralized HCV testing is key to finding the missing millions (MIMS Hepatology, 2 September 2020)
- World Hepatitis Day 2020 website