We negotiate preferential pricing with both diagnostic suppliers and service providers, in low- and middle-income countries. The public sector in eligible countries is defined as:
- Governments or government-funded institutions such as health ministries, associated hospitals, armed forces, or prison services in those countries;
- NGOs and UN-related organizations working for or in eligible countries such as the International Organization for Migration (IOM) and UNICEF;
- Not-for-profit organizations such as Médecins Sans Frontières, Save-the-Children, OXFAM and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC);
- Global health funding mechanisms such as the Global Drug Facility, Unitaid, PEPFAR, USAID, the Global Fund, and agencies based outside the country but supporting implementation locally in the country, such as the U.S. CDC and IUATLD.
Many FIND-supported products related to HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria programmes are available via the Global Fund’s electronic ordering system, as well as systems run by the Stop TB Partnership’s Global Drug Facility and through UNICEF’s Supply Catalogue.
We work with suppliers to ensure that pricing of diagnostic tools is not prohibitive in low-resource settings.
For private organizations recognized by a country’s health ministry and whose mission is in line with humanitarian principles – such as private charities or private hospitals/clinics – eligibility for negotiated pricing is decided on a case-by-case basis by the manufacturer in consultation with local and global stakeholders.
Any healthcare provider intending to use negotiated prices as part of a for-profit model is required to ensure that customers in low- and middle-income countries can access affordable products.
We are also working with providers to ensure that key services of benefit to the diagnostic community are available at preferential rates. Such services include network connectivity for diagnostic devices and communications support for staff working in remote areas.
- BACTEC™ MGIT™ (TB)
- GeneXpert® (TB, SARS CoV-2, HCV, HBV, HIV, Ebola, HPV, CT/NG, TV)
- GenoType® MTBDR (TB)
- High-throughput LAMP (malaria)
- Loopamp™ (TB & malaria)
- Plasmodium recombinant antigens (malaria)
- Positive control wells (malaria)
- Primo Star iLED (TB, NTD, malaria)
- SD BIOLINE HAT (NTD)
- SIMplicity (connectivity)